The Public Outreach Program aims to promote Palestinian contemporary culture and life through creative encounters that target primarily the younger generation of artists and performers. It is a platform to showcase young talent in music, art, literature and cinema, as well as presenting a rich program of talks and performances about the city and its history, interpolated by an assortment of culinary activities involving local chefs and non-professional members of the community. Artists, writers, historians, musicians and performers are invited to give public performances including talks, discussions, readings, shows and film screenings with the aim to bring together community members and creative individuals in a shared space for experimentation, entertainment and free expression.

The Gift

The Gift: Fundraising Exhibition and Silent Auction

December 9, 2015 - January 20, 2016 

The Gift is the first of our fundraising efforts to support the programs and activities of Al Ma'mal for 2016. The event featured a group exhibition and silent auction, presenting a section of affordable paintings, photographs, design products, and more from over 30 contemporary Palestinian artists. 

30% of the auction sales went to Al Ma'mal - the remaining 70% was designated to support artists for their talent and efforts. The exhibition was generously supported by the Bank of Palestine. 

Featuring the artwork of: Ahed Izhiman, Alaa Abu Asad, Amjad Ghannam, Ayed Arafeh, Bashir Qonqar, Bassel al-Amad, Benji Boyadgian, Christina Bullata, Easam Darawshi, Hanan Armaly, Hani Amra, Inas Halabi, Issa Freij, Jawad Al-Malhi, Johnny Andoni, Jumana Emil Abboud, Khaled Jarrar, Local Industries, Majd Abdel Hamid, Majdal Nateel, Mana Mahamid, Mirna Bamieh, Muhammad al-Haj, Nissreen Najjar, Noor Abed, Noor Abu Arafeh, Ola Zaitoun, Ruba Salameh, Salama Safadi, Salman Al Nawati, Shareef Sarhan, Subhji Abbadsi, and Yazan Khalili.